.D'lolly's D'lites.
.½ cup passion, ½ cup spice equal a cup of love for the ingredients that celebrate food and life.

Saturday, June 26, 2010

.Hot vs Cold.

  vs


Ordering ! Fire that ! Hold that ! Hi, how many?, follow me, Order up ! 86 that ! Ordering ! annnnd repeat. 


Culinary art is definitely always excited, its keeps you on your toes and there is just so much room for creativity, i have always been a hands on person, whether it was with photography or cooking, you will never see me sitting behind a desk pushing papers. 

Cooking is something that as a young girl just gets embedded in us, we have to make sure "we will be able to cook for our husbands when we get older" right, haha. Now yes, I've always helped my mom in the kitchen but never did i ever think i was going to change major from Photography to Culinary. Being able to have the ability to use my creativity in another way just makes it that much better. 

I began my culinary career in the summer of 2007. I've taken classes on sanitation, various cuisines, business, marketing, nutrition, product identification, purchasing, and a whole lot more. Contrary to what people believe, culinary school is not just hours of cooking, we learn everything in and out of the kitchen, front and back of the house. ...fast foreword... So, here i am, in my senior year of culinary school and i can't even believe it. I walked into my first class not knowing how many ounces were in a cup and today i can tell you that there are 8oz in a cup, thats 48 tsp, and 16 tbsp. :)

So, i have basically come to love everything about being in the kitchen, the sounds, smells, the sights. Though cooking in general is fun i have mostly taken interest in the baking side of the culinary world. Now like i've said, its my Senior year and i had to take some final courses on some general cuisines and i find myself in a new bind...

Buttercream Frosting or Kung Pao Chicken ???? haha 

Man oh man do i just love whipping up a french pastry, birthday cake, cupcakes, cookies ! i love it all. But when i placed behind that Wok in one of my classes, it was a rush. At first i thought to myself "um, excuse me, im suppose to be in desserts" but then as i began to heat that wok up and throw down some veggies, different oils, seasonings... sizzzzllle, POP, crack! all those sounds began to intrigue me. It just made that one last little guy in my head to get off the couch and start running. haha.

Why not do it all? 
Well, let's be honest, my dream is to have my bakery. buuuuut you never know what life may throw at you. i guess i will just have to wait and see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment